Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Parking, Kiss and Ride and Other Dangerous Sports

OK, In the interest of full disclosure this post is pure editorial, but parking and driving and drop off around the school during peak times is tough at best and very nearly a contact sport at worst.

Let's all remember, the kiss and ride is there for a reason, to ease the flow of traffic. Please don't park illegally on Grubb Road or Colston to drop your kids off. Colston is so narrow firetrucks cannot fit through if people are parked illegally. Grubb is very busy at 9 AM, when people are parked illegally, it is nearly impossible to see clearly enough to make the turn from Blaine onto Grubb safely. Which leads me to my next point.

PLEASE look for walkers when you get close to an intersection. I can't tell you the number of times I have almost been hit by a parent pulling out of Blaine Dr. Even more frequent are the times I stop and watch the parent pull through the stop sign craning their head to the left to look for oncoming traffic on Grubb and make the right turn WITH OUT EVER LOOKING TO THE RIGHT, where my kids and I are standing. These are people I know, friends, fellow parents, PTA members and dedicated volunteers.

Finally, when we do park, please be respectful of our neighbors and try not to block driveways or park at the condos, even for a few minutes. The condos WILL tow your car. It is so tempting, I know, the open spots are just sitting there, when we need them most, but they aren't ours to use.

OK, done with editorializing for now. Go forth and drive safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment