Friday, December 4, 2009

Scholastic Book Fair Opens!


It is that time of year! The Book Fair opens Monday, December 7 through the 11th with evening hours on the night of Thursday, December 10.

Personally, I love the Book Fair, it is an opportunity to:

1. Support the library (through classroom wishlists)

2. Support your child's teacher (through classroom wishlists)

3. Provide books for kids who can't afford them (through One for Books)

4. Indulge my love of reading (through Visa)

There are some great new books this year that I know the kids will be clamoring for. Whether your kids tastes run to Pokemon and Bakugan or Skippy John Jones and Judy Moody, there is something for you.

Of course, I wouldn't be doing my PTA president duty if I didn't ask you to lend a hand. The book fair takes a huge amount of vounteer hours to pull off and we can always use your help. If you have an hour to spare, email Leslie Cradlin at lmcradlin@verizon.net, she will happily put you to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment